Full-Time and Part-Time Sales Associate
The All Paws Pet Center Sales Associate provides a friendly environment in our store. He or she makes sure customers are well assisted and must be courteous when approached. He or she must also possess outstanding communication skills in a fast paced environment. Associates require a strong connection with pets and their well-being.
Hourly store associates are responsible for the following:
- Understand the layout of the store and the ability to neatly merchandise product in a timely manner
- Answer phones politely and ring up customer purchases
- Provide excellent Customer Service at all times
- Receiving product accurately.
- Must be flexible in working evenings and weekends
- Be accurate and comfortable with math and currency
- Sell our services to our Customers
- Following established procedures for closing the store
- Ability to accurately stock merchandise while also helping Customers
- Willingness to become knowledgeable on products offered and their benefits
- A positive attitude when interacting with co-workers, customers and their pets is a must.
The following physical demands are required:
- Assist Customers to their vehicles with their purchases which could include carrying pet food bags weighing 30 to 44lbs in all weather conditions
- Repetitive lifting of bags weighing 30 to 44lbs while unloading shipments and stocking shelves
- Standing for long hours
- Daily dusting, cleaning, sweeping and mopping to maintain a clean environment
- Pulling and pushing carts with heavy product when unloading pallets
- Cleaning up after customer pets when accidents occur
- Climbing ladders to merchandise and stock products
- Bending, squatting, stooping while stocking shelves
- Vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing dog washes
- Ability to maintain store equipment
The following dress code is required:
- Employee clothing should be properly fitted, clean and never wrinkled.
- Torn, dirty, or frayed clothing is unacceptable.
- Shirts that have the company logo are encouraged, however shirts from company vendors are allowed.
- Closed toe shoes are required for protection.
- Jeans, Khakis, or Capri length pants are acceptable attire.
- Tattoos and facial jewelry must be covered from public view.
Clothing that reveals cleavage, your back, your chest, your stomach or your underwear is not appropriate for a place of business